Add Your Heading Text Here
ORAL CANCER SCREENING IN BERKLEY, MI
Yes, Your Dentist Can Screen You For Oral Cancer
- Unexplained bleeding
- Numbness, loss of feeling, or pain in sections of the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Ear pain
- Persistent sore throat
- Development of white, red or speckled patches in the mouth
- Swelling, thickening, lumps, bumps, rough patches and growths
Oral cancer typically affects:
- Front 2/3 of the tongue
- Lining of the cheeks and lips
- Floor of mouth under the tongue
- Roof of the mouth
- Small area behind the wisdom teeth
- Minor salivary glands
Although these areas are visible to the doctor during examinations, we need a more thorough look to be able to detect the beginnings of abnormalities.
Oral cancer is typically treated first with surgery and also with the help of oncologists. Each case varies. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please call our office to schedule a screening and consultation.
We hope to catch things before they become a real problem, and we need your help! Be sure to come in for every 6-month checkup for preventive care. Especially in the case of oral cancer, prevention is your best option.